Using false eyelashes may be an excellent option if you want to increase the length and volume of your eyelashes without the hassle of putting on different types of mascara every time you want to accent your lashes. I specially love long and voluminous lashes as it definitely makes one glamorous and sophisticated.
How to Apply Fake Eyelashes?
1. False eyelashes may be trimmed in width or length to suit your eye size or personal preference. Try original length before cutting.
2. Apply false eyelash glue sparingly to lash band. Wait 10 seconds for adhesive to become sticky.
3. Position false eyelashes slightly above your natural lash and press ends into place. Gently press across entire lash until set.
4. To remove, gently peel false eyelashes band off lid, starting at outer corner. Remove adhesive from band and place your false eyelashes back to the tray for re-use.
So, you have finally tried on those long fake eyelashes and realized what beauty it brings your face. After a whole night of party or a day of glamour, you are faced with one great dilemma: how to remove false eyelashes.
The good news is that removing fake eyelashes is not as difficult as applying them. Removing false lashes may initially feel dangerous because you stand the risk of pulling away your natural eyelashes as well. Remember that this can only happen if you peel it off haphazardly without care or caution.
How to remove fake eyelashes without losing your real lashes?
1. Never remove it by tugging. Chances are, you might pull off some of your real lashes as well, and this can become very tragic! Go gentle on those fake eye lashes and handle them as though they could be real.
2. Start by dabbing fake eyelash remover on your lash line with a cotton swab. You can gently tap the swab at the base in order to loosen out the eyelash glue. Start applying from the outer edge inwards. You may use some eye makeup remover as an alternative. It would also be good to let it soak for a few seconds in order to soften the adhesive glue. (Do not leave it out too long as it will dry out eventually.)
3. After making sure that it has fully softened, take one corner of the lash band (for full fake eyelashes) and gently pull off the eye lashes. For individual fake eye lashes, it is best to use a good pair of tweezers for more precision when pulling.
4. Remove all possible traces of eyelash glue by dabbing some more eyelash remover. Finally, cleanse your eyes and the rest of your makeup with a good make up remover.
Another alternative for removing Fake Eye Lashes is to use soap and water to loosen adhesive glue as effective as eyelash removers. Some also soak the area with olive oil or virgin coconut oil to achieve the same glue loosening effect.
How to Clean, Reuse & Store the Eyelashes?
You can actually reuse your fake eye lashes provided that you maintain them and keep them clean at all times. After removing them carefully, soak them in a tiny amount of warm, soapy water to remove the glue, dust particles, as well as false eyelash mascara that you possibly applied. Use tweezers to pull off glue particles. You can also soak them in your eyelash remover solution instead of soapy water. You can use a moustache brush or some other gentle brush for cleaning between those lashes. Afterwards, dry them and store them back in their original container.
If you take care of it properly, you can reuse it many times. I have known people who keep using the same lashes for about 30 times! 🙂 I know that’s really a lot but if you know how to take care of them you may use them for quite some time.