Most of the expatriates here in uae are battling with hair loss problem for years and years. There are a couple of factors causing hair loss like the water is saline and not too good for the hair and tank of older properties may not be maintained and cleaned out so dirty tanks can also contribute to hair loss.
Even for me from the time I have been in uae I have been losing a lot of hair and the thought of me becoming bald got me scared so I went out long time before to look for a supplement and found out that this is the strongest supplement available here in uae for hair growth. So I told myself I should give it a shot! And am super happyyy! 🙂
Country Life Maxi Hair Plus is promised to bring life back to hair, skin and nails thanks to B vitamins, biotin and MSM. Adults have to take 4 capsules daily with food. This supplement is packed with lots of vitamins but most importantly the dosage of Biotin is high compared to other hair supplements.
Country Life Maxi Hair Plus does not contain:
wheat, soy or milk
I can definitely tell that there is a big difference in my hair and nails. I have used this for about 6 months now. My hair is less brittle, it has become thick, the level of hair fall has decreased and also it is helping new hair to grow. This supplement also gives you strong and beautiful nail. So if you want strong and long nails you should get this product. As for my skin I have not seen any major change.
This supplement is available in major pharmacies in uae for the price of AED160 which is super expensive! So I would suggest buying it from iherb for around AED56. If you have never ordered from iherb.com before then use code CRF004 to save up to 10$ from your very first order.
If you are confused and not sure what is causing hair loss for you then best thing would be to go to a Dermatologist or Endocrinologist and get your scalp checked and do a blood test to understand why you are losing hair.
Hey ladies… am so happy that the heat is reducing in UAE. It is quite unbearable for me to take the heat despite me coming from a tropical country – Mauritius. There the highest temperature I’ve ever dealt with is not more than 34°C. So you can imagine how hard it is for me to survive here. 😦
So from childhood I have been taught to drink coconut water as it cools down the system and helps to fight back the heat. Beside that Coconut water has lots of benefits which I wanted to share with you guys. Am sure some of you will definitely give it a go after you read this. 🙂
Coconut water is a natural isotonic drink where the electrolyte levels are similar to those found in the human body. It is very refreshing and rich in sugar, electrolytes and minerals – available in the natural form in most sterile conditions. Some research has shown coconuts to have cytokinins which have significant anti aging, anti carcinogenic and anti thrombotic effects.
The water of fresh green coconuts is actually fat free and has zero cholesterol – some studies even go as far as to say that it increases the HDL levels in the body. Once a coconut is cut open, the water should be consumed as exposure to air can result in loss of nutrients. It is low in fat though rich in vitamins and the potassium level is twice the amount found in bananas. So interesting huh?! Specially those who hate to eat bananas like me!
Here are some of the benefits of Coconut Water:
1. Anti-Ageing – Coconut water contains cytokines and lauric acid, the two important elements which are used in the process of cell growth and their regulation. It has significant anti-ageing, anti-carcinogenic and anti-thrombotic properties which helps to minimize skin aging, balances PH levels and keeps the connective tissue hydrated and strong.
2. Antioxidants – Emotional stress reduces the flow of blood to our skin and contributes to the ageing process. Consuming coconut water in high quantities improves the skin health and vitality, and removes damaging free radicals from the body. Antioxidants in coconut water help in fighting free radicals; it also helps to reduce the swelling in hands and legs. It helps to overcome the toxic effect of antibiotics and sulpha drugs. Thus it is very useful for patients as it helps to absorb drugs easily. It also help to remove free radicals that damage the skin.
3. Oxygen Circulation – Poor oxygen circulation results in impurities getting deposited on the skin. Each and every cell in the body needs an adequate amount of oxygen which is possible only through proper blood circulation in the body that carries oxygen throughout the body. Coconut water is very effective in boosting proper circulation in the body, thereby allowing the skin to breathe a lot of healthy oxygen which in turn promotes a healthy and flawless complexion.
4. Increases Immunity – Coconut water is rich in Vitamin C which increases immune system functions which provides immunity towards common disease cold, flu and infections.
5. Bone and Teeth Health – Coconut water provides a high amount of calcium which strengthens bone and teeth. It is effective to prevent osteoporosis. It also improves oral health and prevents tooth decay.
6. Oily Skin – Coconut water helps to wash off excess oil from the skin, cleanses the oil and makes skin tone more even. People with Oily skin tend to have a shiny face. Coconut water helps to control shine and provides a natural glow to the face. So it is definitely a blessing for Oily skinned people. Yayyy… 🙂
7. Acne and Blemishes – Washing face with coconut water regularly can also eliminate acne, black spots, wrinkles and blemishes on the skin.
8. As Moisturizer – Dehydration can sap all the charm and leaves the skin lifeless. Coconut water treats dull and dry skin and imparts a glow to the face. It has natural properties which hydrates the skin giving a glow and smoothness to the face that you have always wished for. Coconut water can be used as a moisturizer during both summers and winters. It has a light consistency and can be an excellent moisturizer that can be applied all over the body. It is an ideal moisturizer for people with oily skin as it helps to reduce the oiliness of the skin. For more results consume Coconut water to enhance the skin from within.
9. Skin Infection – Coconut water has many healing, anti-viral, anti-microbial, and anti-fungal properties which keep skin safe from infections. You can apply it directly on the skin or can even mix it in your bath. Both ways you can treat the infection to a great extent.
10. Reduce Inflammation – Due to the anti-inflammatory property coconut is beneficial to prevent inflammation.
11. Hair Care – Coconut Water Fights Hair Loss by addressing issues by improving blood circulation in the scalp, strengthening the hair follicles and increasing the density of the hair. It also Fights Dryness, Dull, dry and frizzy hair is hard to manage and looks unsightly too. Massaging your hair with coconut water prior to bathing will help you to get rid of rough and unruly hair and will make your hair soft, smooth and manageable. Lauric acid, present in coconut water gives water conditioning abilities. Lauric acid shields the hair proteins and protects the root of the hair strands preventing hair breakage. Coconut water also moisturizes the hair and possesses the ability of penetrating into the hair shaft by conditioning the hair from within. The water can be consumed and can also be used to wash hair. Coconut water’s antibacterial, anti-fungal properties may help hair growth and also protects the scalp against dandruff, lice and itchy scalp, all of which can hinder hair growth. Coconuts are a rich source of hair loving nutrients like Vitamin, Vitamin K and iron. These nutrients are essential for maintaining your hair’s shine and softness. So if you are in the conquest for beautiful hair then you should definitely give it a go! 😉
12. Weight Loss – Coconut water has time and again proven to be very effective for losing weight. This drink has been viewed as one of the healthiest ways to lose weight as it is a natural drink and contains no chemicals whatsoever. You can relish the goodness of coconut water as an early morning juice.
13. Post Work Out Drink – Coconut water is widely known to replace the minerals and fluids that we lose during physical activities. People who work out on a regular basis should drink a lot of coconut water specially if you sweat a lot as you can dehydrate. Coconut water has been used to treat dehydration caused by dysentery, cholera, diarrhoea and stomach flu. The electrolyte balance and plasma content in coconut water has been found to be similar to human blood.
14. Increases Metabolic Rate – Regular consumption of coconut water increases the metabolism rate which helps to burn sugar a lot faster. As a result, the level of insulin in a person’s body burns faster. Thus a person has more energy and loses fat faster.
15. Bloating – Bloating treatment and prevention is one of the top health benefits of coconut water. It often minimizes the accumulation of gas and makes one feel more comfortable.
16. Digestion – Coconut water is composed of bioactive enzymes such as folic acid, phosphatase, catalase, dehydrogenase, diastase, peroxidase, RNA polymerases and so on. These enzymes help in easy digestion and metabolism. The water also has more minerals like calcium, manganese and zinc than some fruits like oranges. It is also a good source of Vitamin B such as riboflavin, thiamine, pyridoxine, and folates. Human body requires them from external sources to replenish and hence It becomes very essential to the human body.
17. Cardiovascular Health – Coconut water is rich in magnesium and potassium and is helpful for people who suffer from low blood pressure. It also reduces the risk of heart attacks. Coconut water regulates the blood circulation and prevents the formation of plaque. Drinking coconut water regularly contributes to health and prevents heart strokes. Coconut water also helps to increase good cholesterol which makes it a wonderful treatment for maintaining good cardiovascular health.
18. Manages Stress & Boosts Energy – Coconut oil consists of Vitamin B derivatives like riboflavin, thiamine and pantothenic acid which help to reduce stress, anxiety and depression. Abundant in essential nutrients, coconut water makes a wonderful energy drink. Coconut water has less sugar and sodium content and has high content of potassium, calcium and chloride which helps to hydrate, replenish and rejuvenate the body.
19. Cancer Prevention – Coconut is also effective to prevent colon and breast cancer.
20. Pregnant women SAVIOUR! – Coconut water is one of the best sources for preventing health issues in pregnant women because it refreshes the body with vitamins and fibers. It also helps in boosting the immune system which is essential for both, mother and the baby. Having a glass of coconut water on daily basis will be beneficial for healthy living. It is naturally sterile and is especially good for pregnant women as it helps to improve the immunity and the health of both mother and the baby. The anti-bacterial, anti-fungal properties prevent infection and illness during pregnancy. It also helps in fighting acidity as pregnant women mostly suffer from acidity problems. Since drugs and medicines should are mostly recommended to be avoided at this stage, coconut water is the best natural remedy for acidity and heart burns. Its natural diuretic properties treat urinary tract infection in pregnant women. Drinking coconut water increases the flow of urine and gets rid of this infection naturally. Coconut water boosts the levels of amniotic fluid and improves the overall health of the fetus. Fetal development receives a unique boost from an array of vitamins, nutrients and anti-oxidants present in fresh coconut water.
What chocolate for beautiful skin???!!! I know ladies sounds crazy for we’ve always been told its bad for the skin and gives pimples if you eat a lot of it but nooo… it has also got lots of benefits if you apply it on your skin. Chocolate is mainly made of Cocoa and it is very high in powerful antioxidants called flavonols which protect your skin from skin damaging free radicals. Cocoa has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties. It is rich in minerals magnesium, sulphur, calcium, iron, copper, zinc, potassium, and manganese. Sulphur helps promote healthy and beautiful skin. Calcium is good for skin growth & regeneration, Cancer Prevention and retains moisture.
Here are a few tips how to nourish your skin and make some homemade Chocolate Masks. Please note you have to use chocolate with 70-90 % content of cocoa to see results. You may also use these masks on some other parts of your body if you wish so. Hope you all will love it 🙂
1) Chocolate Regenerating Face Mask
Mix 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate with 1 teaspoon of almond oil and 1 teaspoon of rose hip oil. Make sure that your mask is lukewarm and comfortable to touch. Add 1 drop of essential oil of the rose, mix all the ingredients very well and apply the mask on your face for 20 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. The oils will help to regenerate your skin cells and chocolate will help tone and hydrate the skin.
2) Toning Chocolate Face Mask
This mask can tone your skin very well, hydrate it and even improve it’s elasticity. To prepare it you need to warm up 50 grams of “good” chocolate on the water bath. To prepare other ingredients you will need to blend them. Mix apple, banana, strawberries and water melon in your blender and put 2-3 tablespoons of this mix into the bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of your melted chocolate. If a big part of your tasty smoothy stayed in your blender – you can happily drink it, knowing that you care for your skin both from inside and out! Now, apply the mask on your face and neck and wait for about 20 minutes before rinsing the mask with lukewarm water.
3) Hydrating Chocolate Face Mask
To prepare this “wonder mask” take 50 grams of chocolate warm it up on the water bath till it becomes liquid. Then mix 1 tablespoon of this liquid chocolate with 1 tablespoon of olive oil (you can use sweet almond oil, linen oil or grape seed oil instead) and 1 egg’s yolk (you can skip egg’s yolk if you don’t like the smell of it. Chocolate with oil will also have wonderful effect.) Mix it all up very well and spread the mask all over your face and neck. Make sure that the temperature of your chocolate mask is comfortable to apply it on your face. Keep it on for about 15 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
4) Rejuvenating, hydrating and soothing Chocolate Mask
Mix 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate with 1 tablespoon of thick add-ons free cream and add 1 tablespoon of liquid honey. Apply this mask on your face and neck for about 15 minutes and then, rinse it with lukewarm water. If you still have some “stickiness” on your face, wipe your skin with your favorite toner
The soaps and other cleaning products we use today can cause your hands and nails to look discoloured, wrinkly and rough. Luckily, there’s no need to worry! By following some basic tips and using these 3 extremely easy home remedies, you can get back the soft hands you once had!
DIY for Shining Nails
Take warm pure almond oil and soak the fingers and nails in it for 10 minutes. Massage the oil on the nails and on the skin around nails. Wipe off with a moist towel.
DIY for Soft Hands
Get soft hands in just 1 minute. Take some Sugar put in your palm and put Olive oil and scrub.
And Voila!!! Soft looking hands with shining nails! 😉